The Chilli Guru
- Q - What is the difference between a pepper and a chilli ?
- A - There is no difference. Sweet peppers are chillies belonging to the species Capsicum annuum.
- Q - Should chillies be used green or ripe ?
- A - Most chillies have more flavour and sweetness when fully ripe, but some such as Jalapeño are often eaten green.
- Q - Should the seeds be removed before cooking / eating ?
- A - If the seeds are large and would detract from the dish, then remove them. Otherwise, why bother ?
- Q - Are chilli seeds hot ?
- A - No.
- Q - Is it safe to handle superhot chillies ?
- A - Yes if they are intact. The capsaicin is all on the inside.
© 2016-19 The Chilli Guru™